Candy Shop Ice Cream Cake..Whether you need a birthday cake to WOW the kids with, or a frozen treat to cool off with, this is the ultimate ice cream cake! Recipe by Laura Bashar of Family Spice
2 qt ice cream, any 2 flavors
2 TBS milk
39 kit-kat candy bars
16 oz whipped topping, frozen (like cool whip)
30 oreo cookies, broken up
1/4 cup chocolate candies, assortment
- Remove from the freezer and leave on the counter:
- 2 qt ice cream , any 2 flavors
- In a food processor combine:
- 2 TBS milk
- 24 oreo cookies
- Coat a 9-inch spring form pan with nonstick spray and place upright all around the side of the pan:
- 39 kit-kat candy bars
- Try to get the kit-kat bars as close to possible as you can, with the kit-kat name facing out, against the side of the spring form pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and press the oreo mixture evenly over it.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Stir the first flavor of softened ice cream in its container and press evenly over the oreo crust.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Stir the second flavor of softened ice cream in its container and press evenly over the first ice cream layer.
- Place in the freezer.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to thaw for 30 minutes:
- 16 oz whipped topping, frozen (like cool whip)
- Spread whipped topping over the top layer of ice cream and garnish with:
- 6 oreo cookies , broken up
- 1/4 cup chocolate candies , assortment
- Return cake to the freezer and allow to set overnight.
- Remove cake from freezer 10 minutes prior to serving.
- Gently open the spring form pan and remove. Use a thin knife or spatula to slide cake onto serving platter.
- Slice & serve immediately!