A South Korean woman was taught a lesson about trying to do things the easy way when a robot vacuum cleaner sucked up her hair and left her trapped as she took a nap on the floor of her home.

The unnamed woman, 52, took a break between chores in her Changwon home in southeast South Korea.

She later awoke in agony after the machine mistook her hair for dust, forcing her to call the fire brigade with a “desperate plea” for help, The Guardian reports.

Emergency workers quickly worked to untangle her from the vacuum, which had ingested about 5cm of her hair.

Autonomous robot vacuum cleaners are programmed to clean and perform other basic household tasks at set times, suggesting the woman had forgotten what time hers was set to clean the floor at.

The woman was not injured in the incident… see more

source: independent UK