NEW DELHI: The search operation was going on in full swing on Saturday for the AN-32 aircraft that has been missing over the Bay of Bengal with 29 on board since Friday.

The defence ministry said four surveillance planes, 12 ships and a submarine were searching for the aircraft in one of India’s largest search and rescue operations in recent years.

However, there were no sightings of any aircraft debris in the Bay of Bengal by the search team so far.

Military officials said the weather had been rough in the Bay of Bengal for the last two days during the monsoon season.

Meanwhile, defence minister Manohar Parrikar also reached Chennai on Saturday and undertook an aerial survey of the search area… see more

source: timesofindia