No ban is imposed by the Ministry of Labour on employee whose visa is sponsored by their spouse/family. 
 I hold a MBA and am working as an archives clerk in a general trading company in Dubai since April 15, 2012. My visa expires on April 14, 2014 and my labour card on March 22, 2014. I haven’t taken any leave in almost two years. I am now moving to another company. I need to know if there will be any ban imposed on me. How can I avoid the ban?

It is understood that you have been working as an archives clerk at a company in Dubai and that you wish to work for another employer on expiry of your current visa and that you hold a Masters’ degree in Business Administration (MBA). In view of your question, it is unlikely that you may have to face a ban imposed by the Ministry of Labour. As a ban by the Ministry of Labour may not be imposed, pursuant to the provisions of the Ministerial Resolution No (1186) for 2010 on “Rules and Conditions of Granting a New Work Permit to an Employee after Termination of the Work Relationship in Order to Move from One Establishment to Another” (the “Resolution”).

Article 2 of the Resolution provides situations in which a labour ban may not be imposed. It states: “The following two conditions must be met in order to grant the work permit mentioned in Article (1) of this resolution:

(1) Agreement between the employee and the employer to conclude the work relationship.

(2) The employee must have spent at least two years with the employer.See more