Lindsay Lohan is satisfied with the outcome of a misdemeanor case heard Monday morning in Los Angeles even thought it means she will have to spend 90 days in a lockdown rehab facility.

That’s according to her lawyer, Mark Jay Heller, who told reporters outside the courthouse after the hearing that “I am very confident that you won’t be seeing Lindsay Lohan in any criminal courts any time in the future.”

The actress pleaded no contest to reckless driving and lying to police.

When asked why accept a plea deal now, Heller said, “At the conclusion of this case, Lindsay will have a completely clean record. And I think that’s an extremely important element to this case.”

Heller was quickly chased away from the press conference by Lohan’s father, Michael, who was present during the hearing. Michael Lohan then took to the microphones and proceeded to bash Heller, accusing him of not keeping Lindsay posted on negotiations. Michael said that Heller needs to “stop using Lindsay to make money and a name for himself.” However, the actress’ father did say that the sentence to rehab would probably be a good thing for her.


Superior Court Judge James Dabney went over terms of the agreement. He said Lohan is to do 90 days at a lockdown rehab facility, 30 days of community labor and undergo psychological counseling for 18 months.


The actress, 26, was scheduled to return to court for a hearing to determine whether she should be jailed on charges that she lied to police about a crash on Pacific Coast Highway in June that sent her to the hospital. She was due in court at 8:30 a.m. PT.

Lohan has pleaded not guilty to three misdemeanor charges: reckless driving, lying to police and obstructing officers from performing their duties, according to the Associated Press. Even if she is not found guilty of those charges, she could face jail time if a judge determines she violated her probation in a 2011 theft case, the AP reports.

Lohan arrived more than 45 minutes late to her hearing after taking a private jet, which was delayed at JFK Airport in New York. The flight was due to arrive at an airport in Van Nuys, Calif., 20 minutes from the courthouse but was diverted to Los Angeles International Airport, which is closer. Mr. Pink energy drink paid for the charter flight, according to TMZ.

As she walked into the building, someone threw what looked like glitter at her.

TMZ reported that her father, Michael Lohan, was in the courthouse.