FLOYD Mayweather has said he is willing to grant Manny Pacquiao a rematch following the Filipino boxer’s disclosure that a shoulder injury hampered his performance in last weekend’s world title showdown.

ESPN reported that Mayweather had told journalist Stephen A. Smith in a text message that he was ready to don gloves once again after Pacquiao recovers from surgery to repair a rotator cuff.
“I will fight him in a year after his surgery,” Mayweather said in the text message.

Mayweather’s apparent readiness to step into the ring with Pacquiao once more appears to contradict remarks he made in the aftermath of his victory in Las Vegas on Sunday (AEST), when he insisted he planned to retire after one more fight in September. “My last fight is in September, and then it’s time for me to hang it up,” said Mayweather after his unanimous decision victory.
The 38-year-old, who is just one win away from matching Rocky Marciano’s 49-0 record, has previously said he has no desire to move past the heavyweight’s revered unbeaten benchmark… see more

source: news.com.au