Fortunately, we can now get all the benefits without the problems of taste from the capsules on sale in all pharmacy departments.
Its properties are truly remarkable.
- It is rich in vitamins A and D and stimulates growth.
- It prevents rickets and infectious diseases in general.
- It is also an anti-oxidant as it neutralises certain free radicals, and has a beneficial action on the skin and associated structures.
- It is also useful in helping the joints to function smoothly.
- It is rich in omega 3, which the body does not produce by itself, well-known for its beneficial effects against cardiovascular afflictions.
The benefits of cod liver oil treatment need no further proof. Regular treatment is recommended with an average dose of 2 gm. per day taken with a little water in the middle of breakfast. And this is valid for both children and adults.