ABU DHABI // A court in Mumbai has granted permission to Bollywood star Salman Khan to travel to Dubai for an awards ceremony on Friday, his manager said.
Khan’s appearance at the inaugural Arab Indo Bollywood Awards will mark his first international engagement since a conviction for “culpable homicide not amounting to murder” earlier this month.
“Today we got the permission from the honourable court and Mr Khan will be travelling to Dubai on May 28,” Reshma Shetty told The National on Tuesday.
In 2002, the actor, 49, killed a homeless man in a drunken hit-and-run incident in Mumbai. His five-year jail term has been suspended until a final appeal hearing in July.
The High Court granted him bail with a condition he would seek the court’s permission each time he wants to leave the country.
Last week, Khan submitted an application at Bombay High Court to allow him to travel to Dubai.
He is scheduled to perform at an awards, to be held at Meydan in Dubai, on Friday, May 29.
The actor confirmed he would be attending the Arab Indo Bollywood Awards in a YouTube video posted on May 24.