CHECK-IN and check out how long you’ll have to walk to get to your plane at these airports!
There’s no doubt it’s a drag when you’ve finally made it through security only to have to lug your luggage for what seems like forever across the airport to reach your departure gate, while the fear of missing your flight weighs heavily on you.
But have you ever had to sprint for three kilometres to get to your plane?
We thought not. So take pity on those who have to complete the world’s longest airport walk, in Beijing’s Capital International Terminal 3.
That’s according to research by UK insurance company Direct Line, which has measured airports around the world to find out the distances from the entrance to the furthest departure gate.
The second-longest walk was at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in the US, at 2.1km, followed by Zurich Airport at 2km and Frankfurt am Main Airport at 1.9km.
So don’t wear heels when visiting these airports!
The world’s longest airport walks
– Beijing Capital International Airport Terminal 3 – 3.2km
– Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport – 2.1km
– Zurich Airport – 2km
– Frankfurt am Main Airport – 1.9km
– Gatwick Airport North Terminal – 1.8km
– Seoul Incheon International Airport – 1.7km
– Hong Kong International Airport – 1.6km
– London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 – 1.2km
– John F. Kennedy International Airport – 1.1km
– Amsterdam Airport Schiphol – 1km
– Manchester Airport – 900 metres
– Dubai International Airport – 885m
– London Stansted Airport – 772m