Malaysia has “nothing to hide” in the search for the missing flight MH370, the country’s transport minister has insisted.

Seri Hishammudin said the situation was ‘unprecedented’, and nothing had been done to jeopardise the effort to find the aircraft.

And he dismissed reports that the plane had continued to fly for four hours after its final transmission early on Saturday morning.

He said: “This is a crisis situation. It’s a very complex operation.

“Our focus has been finding the aircraft.

“We have not done anything that would jeopardise this search effort. Malaysia has nothing to hide.”

He added: “I would like to refer to news reports suggesting that the aircraft may have continued flying for some time after the last contact.

“Those reports are inaccurate. The last transmission from the aircraft was at 01:07 which indicated that everything was normal.”

The minister also denied the homes of crew member’s had been searched by police.

There are now 43 ships and 40 aircraft engaged in the search effort.

No wreckage from the missing Malaysia Airlines plane has been found after a search of a possible debris site.

Malaysia and Vietnam sent aircraft to the sea off the southern tip of Vietnam and east of Malaysia on Wednesday evening after China released satellite images appearing to show potential debris.

However, according to Malaysian authorities, China has now said these images had been released by “mistake”, and did not show plane debris.

The release of the images briefly raised hopes of an end to the mystery surrounding the fate of flight MH370, which left Kuala Lumpur bound for Beijing six days ago with 239 people on board.

Meanwhile, the last words from the cockpit of the Boeing 777 have also been released…. see more

source: skynews