When office productivity suffers, everything in a business suffers. It’s tough for businesses to be profitable as productivity decreases due to different factors. When all members of an office are performing to the best of their abilities, efficiency improves and revenue goes up. Here are three ways to maximize office productivity:
- Keep technology up to date: When software and hardware aren’t performing, employees can’t perform. Employees shouldn’t have to waste time dealing with broken printers or faulty computer monitors. Well maintained technology will prevent office workers from being frustrated and negatively affecting everyone around them. While it may seem expensive to invest in technology, driven employees will be able to produce more and be happy when they don’t have to worry about broken equipment. Employees can focus on their tasks and what they do best.
- Health and wellness: When your car isn’t maintained on a regular basis, it’ll eventually break down. The same goes for members of your company. If employees aren’t healthy or well, they can’t perform and be productive. They’ll break down and miss work due to mental and physical illness. Here are some ways to help ensure a happy, healthy, workforce:
- Provide natural light: As much as possible, allow natural light to illuminate your office space. Employers can be sure to increase productivity with natural light. According to the Interdepartmental Neuroscience program at Chicago’s Northwestern University, employees exposed to white light slept more per night. In fact, employees slept as much as an average of 46 minutes more per night. This increase in sleep reported a higher quality of life which led to greater productivity. Additionally, natural light has been shown to promote general happiness in employees. Offices that don’t have access to a window can use a light box or therapy lamp to mimic natural light from the sun.
- Support healthy behavior: Offices can serve as an environment that also helps employees take care of their bodies. This can be done by making nutritious options available in the vending machines. Employers can also provide gym memberships and participate in team bonding activities such as city fun runs. Healthy office workers mean productive office workers. You don’t have to worry about losing employees to illness when they are able to take care of their bodies.
- Offer effective health insurance: Sure, health insurance seems like a given but it’s important to provide more than just the bare-minimum coverage for your employees. Knowing their medical needs are met results in a positive outlook on the company. As shown by NuSkin company reviews, organizations that put emphasis on giving their full-time employees the right kind of support don’t not only promote a healthier workforce, but also a more loyal one. Make it easy for employees to know the health benefits they are entitled to. Don’t make them jump through hoops just to take care of their premiums or go to the doctor.
- Provide training opportunities: When employees know you’re invested in their success, they often respond with greater loyalty and productivity. Providing training opportunities for office members give them a chance to add to their skillset and step up their game. These opportunities can take the form of seminars, industry-specific conference, and cross-training days with co-workers. By giving employees opportunities to handle new tasks and develop new skills, you will give them greater confidence in their abilities. Doing so will help employees stay engaged and also know how they contribute to the big picture.
Now that you know how to maximize office productivity, put these tips to work for you. You will be able to have healthier, happier employees who will be engaged and accomplish office goals.
Author Bio: Jeremy is a tech and business writer from Simi Valley, CA. He’s worked for Adobe, Google, and himself. He lives for success stories, and hopes to be one someday.